I absolutely love these cookies. The first time I had these was at my friend Stacy's house. Her mother made these special treats and it was so fun to watch them come out of the waffle iron. I've tried this recipe in a few different waffle irons and the classic grid is by far the best tool. The belgian waffle grid is too deep and doesn't cook the dough evenly.Chocolate Waffle Cookies
1/2 c. Soft Butter
6 tsp. Cocoa
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 c. Sugar
1 c. Flour
Combine ingredients, Mix well. Dough will be thick. Drop by spoonfuls on waffle iron, close cover and bake for 1 minute (adjust your timing after the first batch). Lift out cookie carefully by easing it loose with a fork, then gently lifting it up and off the iron. Place on a wire rack to cool. Frost with you favorite frosting, ganache, or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 2 doz.

3 comments:
Mmmmm, looks yummy. I think I'll need to get a new iron to make those, I only have the belgian waffle maker.
Those look fantastic!
You amaze me! Your talents are endless. I could never make all these treats -- they look so good -- I know I would eat them all by myself!
Post a Comment