My sister and I always wonder why there are no fast trains in the USA. Around the world many countries have high-speed train systems. Japan holds the world-record rail speed of 361 mph with France, Germany, and Italy close behind. So what is going on with us.
With gas prices as high as they are today, roadblocks, potholes and more people thinking that something has to change -maybe we should give the railways a try.
Maybe people would get out of their automobiles, get off the fuel guzzling airplane and get on a high-speed train.
I would love to travel across the USA on a high-speed train. Maybe see Boston one day and the next day be in Glacier National Park. Wouldn't it be great!
How about fast commuter trains. So from Cleveland to Columbus it would only be 30 minutes vs. 2+ hours.
I'm all for high-speed trains. I really think it should be the wave of the future for the USA.
Environmentally, rail uses the least land to move the most people, and high-speed trains have better air quality.
This is one thing that I've seen firsthand in Germany and I guess I am passionate about it.
I would love your two cents!!

2 comments:
I COMpletely agree! It would be sooo nice to not have to drive evrywhere, and people who don't have licenses can still get everywhere. And Americans won't be so obese. So many reasons.
We agree too. Eric said traveling through Japan was so much better with a super fast train. It made transfers easy! Utah just installed a new train system and I heard it's going great! I think the whole country should definitely climb on board!
Post a Comment