The kids and I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum today and can't wait to go back again. There was so much to see that it warrants another trip or two. It definitely would be much easier without my youngest in tow. He was pretty bored with the whole thing except for Mrs. Lincoln's Attic which is a hands-on children's area. We were able to see one of the original copies of the Gettysburg Address on display and a few other things that were owned by the Lincoln's.
I am GRATEFUL for those pioneers that changed and forged this great land into to what it is today. Going through the museum helped immerse me in Lincoln's world and time. I am in awe of what he and others like him went through - for my freedoms.
-for the beauty of the earth. As we drive around our neighborhood the kids and I are always so amazed at how the crops in this area grow about a foot each day.
-for peace and quiet. My children usually go to bed around 7:30pm on a school night and in the summer it's usually 8:30pm depending on what's going on in the week. Well last week we were so busy with the yard that my kids didn't get to bed until 10-ish. Needless to say I didn't get my little hour or two of peace and quiet - it was definitely missing.

No comments:
Post a Comment