Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monday Gratitudes

Well I'm a day late again. I was in Chicago at a Scrapbook Convention with my sister for the past several days and didn't have time to post anything. My gratitudes are all over the place today.

I am thankful for my own bed! What a blessing it is to be sleeping on my very own pillow. I used to take it (my pillow) with me when I travelled, but after losing it - I decided to never take it with me again. A very good pillow is not that easy to come by when your on a budget.

I am thankful for my good homemade pizza. My sister and I bought some authentic Chicago Styled Pizza -which came highly recommended while in Chicago and were sorely disappointed. It was yucky!
Okay, I've had some great Chicago pizza on the west side of Cleveland (go figure) so I think I know what a good Chicago style pizza should taste like?! The Cleveland pizza owners used to be from Chicago but decided that Cleveland was better and opened up shop. For you Clevelanders you really should take a drive to the west side and try it.

I am thankful that my hubby was able to get his first official paycheck this past week. What an exciting thing for us. Now we are finally able to start paying off our school debt and all the interest it has collected over the years. Yeah!

1 comment:

thekerrclan said...

I'm with you on the pillow thing -- LOVE bringing my own..but it's gotten way too hard with all the kid stuff, etc. Sleeping on other pillows - not so fun.

Your recipes always look so yummy - and complicated! More than 4 ingredients and it's out of my league!

Hooray for the first paycheck!