
Okay, Okay....I know that there are a lot of sugar cookie recipes out there but I think I have found the best one. This is also one that I really never share, I know-terrible of me but today is a great day and you are lucky that sharing is a good thing. jj.
Best Ever Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
4 ½ to 5 ½ cups sifted flour (tip-for great cookies sift 3-4 times)
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients. If dough is sticky, add more flour. Chill for one hour (overnight works best). Roll out into your favorite shapes and Bake at 350˚ on an un-greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Tip-I always use my Silpat for cookies. Decorate with your favorite frosting, fun non-pareils, or sanding sugars. Get the kids involved and have fun!

5 comments:
Hey Miriam, I love all your recipe blogs...when I get ambitious I'll have to try some of them out. You need to put some pics of you house projects on your blog...I'm anxious to see all the work I keep hearing about!
I'm totally going to try this one. I'm always on the look out for "the one" sugar cookie recipe that beats all the others. I'll let you know what I think.
Hope you guys are doing well! Miss you! Would love to talk politics with you.
Anything with sour cream just has to be good! Yum! Also, did you take that picture of the cookie? If so, it is a great picture with nice lighting.
I am excited to try this one. The kids are already wanting to use the Halloween cookie cutters. Also, I have to echo Gina's request. I would love to see some shots of that fabulous house that you are pouring your heart into.
I always love a new cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment