This week I am grateful for fishing. Okay, okay..
Fishing is fun— just ask any of my children who now thoroughly enjoy it!
I found out that fishing is not just about fish and being bored to tears— during our little excursions (2 weekends in a row) we enjoyed our family and friends, being outdoors and we also learned some new skills.
My wonderful hubby bought each child their own rod and reel and some fresh worms. I know -sounds appetizing.
Well we really didn't think that the kids would even get a bite let alone catch a fish but much to our surprise each of them caught at least 5 or 6. They had so much fun. My older kids have really learned to cast well and I was amazed at how my younger two were able to sit so quietly and wait for a bite. Impressive.
It looks as though we will probably go fishing for an hour or two every Saturday until the bad weather hits. If anyone is in the area or has time to kill, you are more than welcome to join us. The more the merrier.
I am also grateful that our wonderful friends let us fish in their pond -which is about a block away. It's nice being so close to a wonderful fishing spot.

1 comment:
Can we go with you? Tyler can't wait.
Post a Comment