Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Try-it Tuesdays Rootbeer Cookies


This is such a fun recipe and you can easily substitute the flavoring with anything that you have on hand.
My kids really love it.

Root Beer Cookies

1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
2 tsp. root beer extract
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets unless you have silpats. In large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, buttermilk, eggs, root beer extract, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add flour, soda, and salt. Beat at slow speed until soft dough forms. Drop by heaping tsp. 2" apart onto cookie sheets. Cool completely. Then spread frosting onto each cookie.

Frosting
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tbls. half and half
2 tsp. softened butter
1 tsp. root beer extract

5 comments:

Bridi said...

These look so yummy! I wish I had a mom like you to make me all these good treats. I hope your kids know how lucky they are. I'm so tempted to try your petits fours for Mishayla's birthday. She wants a baby birthday and I think "baby cakes" would be kind of fun. Yours are so beautiful though I wish you still lived here to help me!

Tacie Kerr said...

Those look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Where do you get Rootbear extract?

Miriam said...

I found Root Beer extract at Walmart. I think it was in the sugar/flour isle. It's next to the Vanilla extract.

Tricia said...

I love all your recipes. I have made a mental note to try a bunch of them. Keep up the great work! We miss you guys!