Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Gratitudes

Wow, another week has gone by so fast.
On Saturday we worked so long and hard in the yard trying to remove a pretty big chicken coop that had caved in.
We wanted to do yard work on Friday but the weather wouldn't cooperate and just kept right on raining. I think the riverbeds are over capacity. Let hope the fields don't turn into a mini lake again. On to my Gratitudes.

-I'm grateful that I'm able to work in the yard even when my body is a little sluggish at times.

-I'm grateful for the pear tree in our yard. I've been dehydrating batches of them since Saturday and you know - they actually taste pretty good. Even my kids enjoy them. So I'm stocking up for the winter. We'll see how long they last.

-I'm grateful that it stopped raining. My basement flooded (this is normal) and now it can dry out again. We have a lot of work to do on this house.

-I'm grateful to be alive and kicking.

3 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

I am sorry that I am not around to help you out. I was wondering how you got music on your blog.

Rooks Family said...

You guys never seem to run out of house projects. That's nice that you have a pear tree --- we have three cherry trees and two apple trees in our backyard. The cherries were great this year but we missed spraying the apples a couple of times so they aren't looking too good.

Anonymous said...

You have a pear tree in your yard? wow I always wished for fruit trees, I had them all my life while groeing up. But I guess I have to keep dreaming Fruit trees in are yard are imposible. But I'm glad to see you are so resorful