Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Why do we celebrate the 4th of July?
Drafted by Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is one of the most important documents in the history of the United States. It signifies the colonies’ break from England and the rule of George III. On July 2, 1776 Congress voted to declare independence from England. After two days of debate and some changes to the document, on July 4th, Congress voted to accept the Declaration of Independence. This is why we celebrate July 4th as Independence Day. It's the birthday of our great country. I am thankful for those that came before me to pave the way of freedom

2 comments:

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

Happy 4th I hope you have a great weekend.

dishka said...

Happy 4th!!
You should watch the John Adams series with Paul Giamatti. We got it through netflix and couldn't wait for each new disc. It was a minisearies and it was great. I think you'd enjoy it.