Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Try-it Tuesdays Grape Salad

I think grapes are one of the prettiest fruits. I love how they grow in clusters and more importantly I love how they taste. Natures Best!

Here is a very good recipe.
I usually don't give this one out, but since it's so hot here, I thought you might be able to enjoy this cool dessert as a special treat.

3 lb. Seedless Grapes washed and drained (I love using all the grape colors)

8 oz. Sour Cream
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
Mix well and fold grapes into mixture. Fits great in a 9X13 dish.

Topping:
1 c. chopped and toasted Pecans
1 c. Brown Sugar
Mix well and sprinkle on top of salad.

Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight and enjoy!
You can use light cream cheese and sour cream, but the completely fat free just isn't as good.

1 comment:

H.Cook said...

I'm going to try this one too, grapes are on sale next week! Or maybe I'll wait until Labor Day and use the grapes from our backyard!