Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Gratitudes

I'm back. Yea! The Olympics are over. Not that I didn't enjoy them, quite the contrary -I enjoyed them so much that I was losing precious sleep trying to keep up on most of the events. What will be your memories of the Bejing Olympics? One thing that will go down as my greatest memory this past week was that my youngest son just up and decided that he was going to use the bathroom and be a 'big boy' and not wear any more diapers. What a wonderful triumph! For that I am truly grateful. You have to love 'Lightning McQueen' underpants. They helped seal the deal for me.
Seriously though, back to the Olympics. I was in awe of the Jamaican runners. What speed! and to win by such a long stride. It was interesting. I hope that in the near future we don't hear of any doping that went undetected.

I'm also grateful that my youngest daughter learned to ride a bike on her own. She was probably ready to learn last summer but we lived on such a big hill making it impossible.

I'm grateful that my wonderful hubby loves to work outdoors. He has really done a lot of work cutting down old trees, getting rid of tons of poison ivy, cutting back the numerous junk bushes, weeds and getting rid of a ton of yard waste that the previous owners just left. In this picture to the right used to be a barn. We have found some very interesting things trying to clear everything out.

No comments: