Thursday, June 12, 2008

Truck Finally Arrived!

Yeah! After waiting for over a week and a half our stuff finally arrived. It was supposed to be delivered in 3 days from when they packed us.
This was the first time we have ever used a moving company and we will never do it again. The movers broke several items and damaged a few pieces of furniture that can't be fixed. We don't really have a lot of furniture but the furniture we do have is solid wood and the gouges just can't be repaired. We'll see what happens with our claims.
I am so glad to finally be sleeping in my bed and not on a blow up mattress. Camping out in a house for over a week is not that fun.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sounds like a nightmare, I hope the company replaces everything for you guys. I'm glad you finally have your stuff. Moving is horrible! Hopefully you'll stay put for a LONG time!

MetroParks said...

Remember me? Sarah Parks from the Mayfield Ward. Cute blog! I just wanted to comment about your move and tell you some of our friends had some similar issues i.e. their diningroom table was cracked in half. If you didn't know, quite often moving companies drop your stuff off at a seperate storage facility until they can fit YOUR delivery in THEIR schedule. Since the storage facility is seperate and uses a different insurance the workers just hurry to get things loaded and unloaded and don't always take very good care. The companies then go back and forth about who is at fault and who will pay. Our friends really had to stick with it and finally got a big check to compensate them. It would surprise me if any moving company left your stuff on one of their trucks for 1-1/2 weeks, so you might have a similar situation. I hope things go well for you and just maybe this huge long comment will help. Good Luck and congrats on the awesome house!

Cathryn said...

Yay, Stuff! I hear ya on the broken items. Happens to me everytime. I guess it just proves I need to stop buying anything that I care about. :)

I am gald you get to move in!

Young Baldwin said...

Our cherished freindships continue even when we are apart.
Alma 17:1-3

: )

_Orla B._

Tricia said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. When we moved the only thing that was damaged was our couch and it was very old and ugly. Otherwise they did a great job. Good luck with the claims. We miss you guys so much. I hope you can get unpacked and settled quickly!

Miriam said...

Sarah.
Of course I remember you. How are you guys?
I think that's exactly what happened to our stuff.
I think if I would have known this beforehand, I would have just moved it myself, but seeing that our new job paid for the move we decided to try it. We thought it would be less hassle-wrong.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are home now. Moving is crazy not matter how you do it. We might meet you in Chicago some time