Friday, May 9, 2008

Best Playdough Recipe!

I have tried many playdough recipes and have found this one to be the best. It's not messy when the kids play with it and if you keep it in an airtight container or ziplock bag when it's not being used, it will last a long time.
For parties or special occasions you can add glitter and food coloring to it.

1 1/2 c. corn starch
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 c. salt
1 T. vegetable oil
2 c. water
Mix all ingredients together in sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture gathers on your stirring spoon and forms a dough (see picture). This should take about 6 minutes. Dump it onto wax paper until it is cool enough to handle and knead it until it becomes pliable. Store in plastic bag or airtight container.

1 comment:

D.Suth. said...

hey! I am glad you left a comment! I had seen your blog in the past too but never commented. I was glad to hear from you. I will have to add you to my blog roll.

That was funny timing b/c Eric and I had actually just talked about Maia and I commented how its so strange that of course we remmeber her, but there's no way she would remember us b/c kids just don't.

We hope all is going well with you guys!!! We've always been so impressed with the good people you are as well. keep in touch!