Heilige Abend or Christmas Eve is when we celebrate Christ's birth. Around 5-ish we have a chicken or a ham dinner and then it's time for Santa to come.
Every year is a little different. Some years we have the kids go to their rooms to get their pajamas on and while they are getting dressed we quickly place the presents under the tree or my DH will take the kids and put them in the car pretending to heat it up for me (and while it's heating up, I quickly put the gifts under the tree) and then I get in the car and we run a few last minute cookies over to the neighbors and when we come back Santa was already there.
The kids are always so excited and really believe in Santa. It's cute.
Before we exchange the gifts, we read the Christmas story and sing some of our favorite Christmas songs. It really is a peaceful night. The rest of our evening is enjoyed and the children can play with their new toys until they are too tired to play anymore. And we all sleep in the next morning.
I really love this tradition that I grew up with and am grateful to be able to continue it with my own family.
There are a few more traditions that I didn't mention - have to run and get a few more cookies made.
I'm going to take a small blogging break.
So I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

5 comments:
That is cute! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!
Cute! wb to the blog world
I like your new walpaper. It looks good. How did you get the music on here??
P.S. I really do love our traditions, we have to keep them going.
Miriam- we got your package yesterday for Jade- thank you so much! The clothes are just perfect for her-too cute. You are so thoughtful to have sent them to her, thanks again! Happy new year!
we stayed up til about 3 am that night. I know we're crazy. this year after we read the Christmas story we were happy to have the three a's play some Christmas songs on their violins. it was very nice.
Post a Comment