Since yesterday was a holiday and all the kids were home from school, I thought I would take advantage of it and have them help me put some holiday decorations up. We decided to do something fun and a little spooky/cute with some black mesh, purple lights and purple glittery stars to decorate our front porch. Well I only finished a quarter of it and then noticed that over the top of my head were a ton of these scary looking spiders. I immediately stopped what I was doing and had to have my wonderful hubby spray the entire porch -every nook and cranny. Those spiders were huge and everywhere. Needless to say I did not get any posting done to my blog because I was so creeped out and had to check every website on earth to see if these were poisonous or not, I still have yet to find out what they are.
So my gratitudes for today are..
I am grateful for bug spray, poison, you name it-anything that can kill a pest.
I am grateful that I was oblivious to what was above my head or I would not have even started the task of decorating (It was a little dark outside-overcast). I'll try to post some pictures when I'm finished.
I am grateful that those spiders have too big of a body to be able to fit inside all the tight spaces around my house.
I am grateful for caulk, believe me I am going to start caulking every nook and cranny I can find. Can you tell that I am still a little creeped out? !
The picture I posted was taken this morning and that leaf that it is on top of is actually pretty big. I think if you click on the picture you should be able to see it better.

5 comments:
Yuck I don't like spiders either!! Cant wait to see the house decorated though, I am sure it will be wonderful!!
Ha, that's so funny. Today I was puting up some decorations on my front porch, and I saw this HUGE black widow...and I was freaking out. I had Rob kill it for me, and he's going to home depot to get bug killer as well. Spiders can be sooo creepy.
EWWW!!! I would've freaked out! LOL I hate spiders!
Miriam--thought I'd post on your blog, you'd probably find it faster. I just asked the guy who built our cabinets to build me one. He builds just about everything, tables, fireplace mantles--so you could just find a cabinet place out there. They all usually have their own little style. So, there you go--and gross to the bug!! That would just freak me out! I am not a bug lover.
Oh how I hate spiders! And now that it's turning colder...more and more are finding their way inside. The WORST is when they aren't phased by the bug spray! Thank goodness for the 15 foot hose on my vacuum!
Post a Comment