My children love being creative and draw some sort of picture every day. No fail! Some days they use crayons, other days it's watercolors and on other occasions it's colored pencils. Being creative is a great way to keep my kids occupied, out of trouble, and they are learning fine motor skills at the same time. As Martha Stewart puts it "It's a good thing". Well saturday as I was pulling a batch of nice church clothes from the dryer, much to my horror, I found the entire laundry covered in some strange blue stuff. Then I found a crayon wrapper. OH, no (my heart sank), what do I do now? I couldn't just be wasteful and throw everything out. We can't afford to replace these clothes right now. So I started searching the internet and found a great concoction that a lot of women swore by. I tried it, it didn't work. This is just sad and terrible, but it was worth another try. I scrubbed the clothes again, washed them one more time and it really worked on the most important pieces of laundry. Thank heavens for modern cleaning supplies. I had a good talking to with my children about the mishaps of not putting crayons back where they need to go. I hope they understand. Now I'm going to scrutinize what I put in the washer even better than I was before. I am determined to never let another crayon get past me.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Wonderful World of Crayons?
My children love being creative and draw some sort of picture every day. No fail! Some days they use crayons, other days it's watercolors and on other occasions it's colored pencils. Being creative is a great way to keep my kids occupied, out of trouble, and they are learning fine motor skills at the same time. As Martha Stewart puts it "It's a good thing". Well saturday as I was pulling a batch of nice church clothes from the dryer, much to my horror, I found the entire laundry covered in some strange blue stuff. Then I found a crayon wrapper. OH, no (my heart sank), what do I do now? I couldn't just be wasteful and throw everything out. We can't afford to replace these clothes right now. So I started searching the internet and found a great concoction that a lot of women swore by. I tried it, it didn't work. This is just sad and terrible, but it was worth another try. I scrubbed the clothes again, washed them one more time and it really worked on the most important pieces of laundry. Thank heavens for modern cleaning supplies. I had a good talking to with my children about the mishaps of not putting crayons back where they need to go. I hope they understand. Now I'm going to scrutinize what I put in the washer even better than I was before. I am determined to never let another crayon get past me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OUCH! I hate that. I am terrible at checking the laundry...I just consider it a great accomplishment if I actually get things washed. Never a dull moment, huh?
This happened at our house once with a rainbow of colors. I feel your pain!
That sounds like our house, except we've been hit by the dreaded dry-erase marker! It doesn't come out with anything, Ashley ruined a brand new dress she got for Christmas that (not kidding) she had worn for thirty minutes, and she got some on Adam's church pants and a pair of her shorts. If anyone knows how to get that out, I would love to know! I'm glad you were able to get out what you could. I am never buying another coloring utensil that isn't washable, I don't care if it is $3.00 for 8 crayons!
I know what crayons can do. I haven't found anything to get crayons out. :(
Post a Comment