Ugh I think the previous owners loved pale yellow it is everywhere. Here are some before and after photos of the paint in the stairwell and the flooring in the hallway.
We still have to paint the trim once we take the finish off. We hope to finish that this week.
The Trim work and the stairs are very ornate. It might be hard to see that from the photos. Once we get some of the detail painted, I'll take another photo to give you an idea of how beautiful they really are.
*Very grateful to be slowly getting to the point of loving the work we've done. What a long process but well worth it.
This weekend we took out the front fence which looked liked this fence behind the kids. It never matched the look of the house. The fence across the street is for a horse corral.
*So grateful that our neighbor was able to help us pull up the fence posts with his tractor. Some of the posts were buried 3 feet deep. We are looking into an ornamental iron fence that fits with the era of the house. That might be awhile too many other projects that have to be done first.

2 comments:
I love the paint you chose, very pretty!!
That looks beautiful! It helps to have a great house when living in the midwest :) it seems like everyone we know is moving/lives in the midwest now- John and I have talked about making a drive up there to check in on everyone.
Post a Comment